Degree Programs in the School of Art and Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in Communication Design. Areas of study within the Communication Design program include advertising art direction, graphic design, digital media, and illustration.
- Master of Fine Arts with a major in Communication Design.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in Photography.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in Studio Art with specializations in ceramics, drawing, metals, painting, printmaking, and sculpture.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in Studio Art leading to All- Level Certification that prepare students for teaching art in elementary and secondary schools.
- Bachelor of Art with a major in Art with an emphasis in Art History that provides an intellectual foundation and a broad background in the history of art, aesthetics and art criticism.
- Bachelor of Arts with a major in Art that provides broad exposure to art.
The school also offers a Minor in Art and Design which provides students with a foundation of knowledge to better prepare them to use their creative abilities in today’s complex world.
Additional Educational Experiences
Study Abroad Programs
The school has developed Study Abroad Programs in England, Italy, Mexico, Japan and Korea.
Extended Educational Opportunities
The School of Art and Design offers many opportunities to extend your educational experience at Texas State beyond the classroom. The school has developed travel and alternative study opportunities in Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, New York, and abroad.
In addition, an active internship program is available for junior and senior students, providing excellent work experience before graduation.